We just added this book to our Indigenous Perspectives collection. Check it out (literally and figuratively) at http://go.utlib.ca/cat/11428162
Here are some of the interesting books the library purchased in December. Check out our December Acquisitions List for all our new books.
|K3165 .S6625 2017
Title: Sociological constitutionalism / edited by Paul Blokker, Chris Thornhill.
Publication info: Cambridge, United Kingdom ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2017.
Subject: Constitutional law–Social aspects.
Subject: Sociological jurisprudence.
|K3274 .B56 2018
Title: Noncitizenism : recognising noncitizen capabilities in a world of citizens / Tendayi Bloom.
Publication info: Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2018.
Series: Routledge studies on challenges, crises, and dissent in world politics ; 6.
KD735 .R49 2017
Title: Rewriting children’s rights judgments : from academic vision to new practice / Edited by Helen Stalford, Kathryn Hollingsworth and Stephen Gilmore.
Publication info: Oxford ; London : Hart Publishing, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc ; Portland, OR : Hart Publishing, 2017.
Subject: Children–Legal status, laws, etc.–Great Britain.
Subject: Children’s rights–Great Britain–Cases.
KZ7312 .I575 2017
- Canadian Family Law Quarterly/Cahier trimestriel de droit de la famille Canada – Volume 36 no. 3 (October 2017)
- Canadian Labour & Employment Law Journal – Volume 20 no. 2 (2017)
- Canadian Tax Journal/Revue fiscal canadienne – Volume65 no. 3 (2017)
- McGill international journal of sustainable development law and policy : JSDLP = La revue de droit et politique du développement durable de McGill : RDPDD – Volume12 no. 1 (2016)
- McGill international journal of sustainable development law and policy : JSDLP = La revue de droit et politique du développement durable de McGill : RDPDD – Volume12 no. 2 (2016)
- Review of Constitutional Studies/Revue d’études constitutionnelles – Volume 22 no. 2 (2017)
- Supreme Court Law Review. Second Series – Volume 81 (2017)
Secwépemc people, land, and laws = Yerí7 re Stsqʼeyʼs-kucw / Marianne Ignace and Ronald E. Ignace ; with contributions by Mike K. Rousseau, Nancy J. Turner, Kenneth Favrholdt, and many Secwépemc storytellers, past and present.
|Seven fallen feathers : racism, death, and hard truths in a northern city / Tanya Talaga.
E98 .S67 T35 2017
|Truth and indignation : Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission on Indian Residential Schools .(2nd edition)/ Ronald Niezen
E96.5 .N54 2017
The Law School Limerick Contest winners are:
- 3rd prize – Elizabeth Roach
Students of law, learn stare decisis
Rule of law and the poor Roncarellis
While they take no alarm
when a neighbour does harm
they’ll avoid snails in bottles in their bellies.
- 2nd Prize: Luke Maynard @lukemaynard
When libraries named after Laskin
Run limerick contests, they’re askin’
Each student who crams
To neglect their exams
And gamble their future at Fasken.
- 1st Prize: Katie Longo @LadyJongo.
There once was a guide called McGill,
Whose rules made students quite ill.
To help students cite
Librarians stayed up all night
And fixed the mistakes with goodwill.
Drop by the library and ask for Gian to pick up your prize
Charterpedia is a great new resource from the Department of Justice for Charter researchers.
“This Charterpedia provides legal information about the Charter and contains information about the purpose of each section of the Charter, the analysis or test developed through case law in respect of the section, and any particular considerations related to it. Each Charterpedia entry cites relevant case law, and citations to Supreme Court of Canada decisions are hyperlinked whenever possible.”
- The Advocate’s Quarterly – Volume 47 no. 3 (October 2017)
- Canadian Criminal Law Review/Revue canadienne de droit pénal – Volume 22 no. 3 (September 2017)
- Canadian Journal of Administrative Law and Practice/Revue canadienne de droit administratif et de pratique – Volume 30 no. 3 (October 2017)
- Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice/Revue canadienne de criminologie et de justice pénale – Volume 59 no. 4 (2017)
- Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d’économique – Volume 50 no. 4 (November 2017)
- Canadian Journal of Law & Society/Revue canadienne droit et société – Volume 32 no. 2 (2017)
- Relations industrielles/Industrial relations – Volume 72 no. 3 (Summer 2017)
- Supreme Court Law Review. Second Series – Volume 80 (2017)
- University of Toronto Law Journal – Volume 67 no. 4 (Fall 2017)