Job Title: Faculty Research Assistant (Library RA Pool)
Hours: Up to 8 hours maximum per week during the school year
Reports to: Faculty Services Librarian
- On demand research assistance to faculty on short term research projects
- Research will require working with secondary legal materials, primary legal materials as well as non-legal materials to be conducted using print and online resources, in consultation with the Faculty Services Librarian
- RAs will work directly with faculty to work out the scope of the research and to communicate the results of their research. Legal analysis of the product of research may be required. RAs may also be asked to help format scholarship to ready it for publication.
- Superior ability to communicate effectively in writing; attention to detail; strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Superior research skills, including knowledge of online databases and print materials. Students who have prior legal research experience or have completed the Advanced Legal Research and Writing course will be preferred.
- Ability to effectively interact with faculty; tact, initiative, good judgement and patience.
- Demonstrated judgment to handle confidential matters.
Desired Class Level(s): 2L, 3L/4L, LLM, SJD
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter, résumé, undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts to Sooin Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
Applications Accepted Until: Monday, September 29, 2014